Skip to main content

The Norwalk Housing Foundation (NHF) awards college and graduate school scholarships to Norwalk public housing residents . Scholarships are available for high school seniors, current college students, recent high school graduates planning to attend college, adults returning to college and graduate school students.   To register  please select the sign-up button on the right  hand side of the page

Scholarships Requirements:
  • You must be a tenant in good standing with the NHA at time of award.
  • You must be living in a NHA development and have lived there for a minimum of one year. (Section 8 Residents are not eligible)
  • You must be a high school senior or recent high school graduate planning to attend college, current college student or adult returning to college (some college experience) or graduate student in good standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
  • You must be attending or planning to attend an accredited two-year, four-year or technical school institution full time (12 or more credits/semester)
  • All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Application Deadline:
Wednesday, April 19th for College Scholarship Application (High School Seniors, Recent High School Graduates, Current College Students and Returning Adults)

Wednesday, May 10th for Graduate School Scholarship Application (New or Current Graduate School Students)

Get started now! Application requirements include:
  • Application (including Activities/Interests and Several Short Answer Questions)
  • Information about your school's cost
  • Submission of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you receive once you complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • Submission of the Financial Aid Letter you received from your school
  • Information about your student record (High School students only)
  • Recommendation from a teacher, professor, advisor, guidance counselor, employer or mentor (no friends or family members can submit a recommendation on your behalf)
  • Most Recent School Transcript
  • Resume, Degree Completion Information and Outstanding Student Loan Information (Graduate Students Only)
Computers are available at 20 West Avenue Learning Centers (for High School students), your current college/university as well as the local library. Please email Patricia Marsden-Kish with any questions about the application or scholarship process.